Call for papers for Journal of Medical Imaging special issue:
Medical Image Perception and Observer Performance
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 November 2022.
The theme of this JMI special section is
- image perception and observer performance research on detection and discrimination of abnormalities
- cognition, psychophysics, and behavior
- perception errors
- visual search patterns
- human and ideal observer models
- computer-based perception
- impact of display and ergonomics
- image processing
- assessment methods, metrics, and statistics
Although radiology imaging is a key focus, we are particularly interested in articles that deal with other medical imaging specialty applications such as pathology, ophthalmology, dermatology, and telemedicine.
This special section is open to everyone, and but especially encourages relevant submissions from the Medical Image Perception Conference (MIPS XIX).
IPI researcher Asli Kumcu is a Special Issue Guest Editor.